Tuesday 25 January 2011

Textures - 3D Lamp Animation

In this post I will explain how I created the textures I used within the Lamp Animation, and how I imported them into Maya.

Texture - Wood (Cupboard)



This is the first texture I created. I used photoshop to make this texture, following the steps below:

1. This is the first step; creating the noise into the brown coloured background.








2. I then used the motion blur effect, to create a more realistic wood texture.



















3. I then used the hypershade tool in Maya to use my new texture. This step was used in every texture to add it to my animation.




Once I added my texture into a lambert I then moved the lambert over the cupboard, which formed the wood texture around it.

Texture - Seat








Step 1 - To create the seat texture, I simply added low noise in a blue background in Photoshop. The legs are a simple black background.

















This step shows the phong I used for the seat legs, to make them shiny and different from the rest of the animation.





 Texture - Glass

This is my glass texture I created in photoshop. The steps I took to create this texture are below:














1. The first step was to create a cloud effect on a coloured background. I changed the background colour later on.












2. I then used the plastic wrap effect, with the different properties below.
















3. Finally, I used the blur effect on the glass, to make it look more realistic.












Texture - Books














These are some of the book textures I used. I created them all in Photoshop, and included an effect in each one. Above, I used the lens flare effect; top right, I used the blur effect and botton right I used the motion blur effect.

Texture - Wood (Bookshelf, Table)














These textures were created for the bookshelf (left) and the table (right) at the end of the animation. I used the same method as I did in the first wood texture, just used a different colour and direction of noise.

1 comment:

  1. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Marshmello fortnite

    ReplyDelete